- The Italian Slow Cooker?
- Ending Terrorism in Italy (Extremism and Democracy)?
- Around The Weird In 80 Days?
If you don't want to mess with logging in to a service, just: 1. Write your comment, and include your name and email.
- Modern Banking?
- What I Saw in the Brazen Face of Pharaoh's Mummy | Wayne Stiles!
- Sustainability and Environmental Impact of Renewable Energy Sources (Issues in Environmental Science and Technology).
- Royal Mummies: Immortality in Ancient Egypt [Hardback]?
- Royal mummies to be transfered from Egyptian Museum to NMEC on June.15!
- Jakarta Commons Cookbook.
- Identifications of ancient Egyptian royal mummies from the 18th Dynasty reconsidered.
- The Literate Mode of Ciceros Legal Rhetoric.
- Art in Los Angeles: Seventeen Artists in the Sixties (Catalog of Exhibition);
- Akhenaton's Mummy | Nature.
- Bestselling Series.
- Egypt's Royal Pharaonic Mummies to Go Back on Display--This Time, in Dignity - Los Angeles Times.
Click: "I'd rather post as a guest. Click the arrow to leave your comment.
Identifications of ancient Egyptian royal mummies from the 18th Dynasty reconsidered.
Wayne Stiles Menu Skip to content. Follow me on Twitter Like me on Facebook. You'll also like these posts. Get Encouraged the Easy Way! Now check your email to download your e-book and confirm your subscription. Well, there was an error submitting your subscription. Please try again.
First Name. Email Address. Thanks for subscribing to my blog! With one click, please share with others so that they also can get my FREE e-book:. Posted on Wednesday, March 20, The offhand decision by Sadat, who was assassinated a year later by Islamic fundamentalists, never was put on paper as an official presidential order.
Egypt’s Royal Pharaonic Mummies to Go Back on Display--This Time, in Dignity
Nevertheless, antiquities officials, speaking privately, said the decision to open the mummies again to the public required delicate political maneuvering. Kadry, who did not head the antiquities organization when Sadat closed the mummy room, said a new chamber is being prepared in the year-old Egyptian Museum off Liberation Square in downtown Cairo. The mummy of Ramses himself was taken to France in the s for treatment of a fungus condition that threatened its ruin.
The new display hall will have dim lighting and a ceiling of gold stars in a deep blue sky similar to that of the original tombs of ancient Egypt. The mummies will rest in glass containers at controlled temperature and humidity, Kadry said.
The Royal Mummies
Ramses II, also known as Ramses the Great, whose remaining strands of hair have yellowed from chemicals, remained in an air-conditioned glass box among other Pharaonic artifacts in the museum proper, hidden from view under a blue velvet cover. He is an avid sports enthusiast, with a keen love for professional road cycling and world travel.
Based out of Toronto, Canada, he is involved in several youth-oriented charities, and referees soccer part-time. Top 10 Egyptologists to Follow.
The Faces of Egypt in Siwa. A lthough the collection of royal dead has received a mixed response, it includes some of the most important figures from Egyptian history, originally discovered in two mummy caches in the 19th century. Mummies from the valleys of the Kings and Queens are on display, save for that of the boy king Tutankhamun, whose mummy rests in its original tomb in the Valley of the Kings.
Admission rates are in Egyptian pounds EGP.